Clayton maintains the title of a school of the Arts and Technology. Our mission is to Educate the Whole Child: Head, Hand, and Heart. We develop students' Heads by prioritizing academic growth at Clayton. We believe all students can achieve high standards. Students develop their Hands by engaging in creative learning experiences through our strong art, music and STEAM program. Finally, supporting students in becoming caring, conscientious citizens in their community is the Heart of everything we do at Clayton.
Clayton Elementary has been recognized twice by the Colorado Department of Education with the Colorado Centers of Excellence Award. This award is presented each year to a select group of schools that demonstrate the highest rates of student longitudinal growth with a student population that has at least 75 percent at-risk pupils. Clayton is the largest of Englewood's four elementary schools and serves approximately 425 students in grades Kindergarten through 6th grade.
What Makes us Unique
- One-on-one technology distribution for all students kindergarten through 6th grade, with a library of over 3,000 electronic books
- Focus on social/emotional development and problem solving skills
- Full year Art, Music, Physical Education, and STEAM for all students
- Staff participate in weekly collaboration
- Arts Alive Week where our building transforms into an art gallery of student work and outside artistic performances are brought in to display an appreciation and love of the arts
- 2019 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant, which provides before and after school tutoring and enrichment opportunities for Clayton students
- Before and after school childcare through Champions
Here are a couple of videos of some of the work we do here at Clayton Elementary
Clayton Reading Intervention